Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I rear ended a motrocycle?

Hi-I was at a stop light looking at a map, because I was in a suburb I wasn't familiar with. There was a motorcycle in front of me-and my right footed kind of lifted slowly off the brake and the car moved at the the slowest speed, nothing fast at all. I hit his tire and taillight which is a one piece taillight. Nothing was wrong with him, it was like a crunch sound that happened. The brake lights work, it's a plastic part, so it looked like he just pushed it back in, but he said there could be internal damage, like a front axle. I know there can be hidden damage, but if you can imagine slightly lifting your foot off the gas pedal, not completely, just a little, that's the speed he got hit at. Potholes can do worse damage to your car.I'm just worried, because this guy called me every name in the book, and he looks like he's going to sue me for everything I have and will have in the future. If you know about bikes, please respond. He has a Victory Vegas bike.|||was a police report made?, if no police report it's your word against his.|||dont worry he has to prove it court that the damage was because of the accident, if you just knocked of the lens then obviously that couldnt of had dammaged something that stands to more strain, you might of had damaged the rear wheel but even thats a stretch, dont let a person like that ruin your day, he just needs alot of help, what state, and was your car dented or what kind of scrapes did it leave (pictures) get my drift. gd lk.|||Thats why you have insurance, and thats why its called an accident. He can only go after your insurance company for compensation, and they are real good at fighting it in court.|||It doesn't matter what the damage is. You hit him from behind. You are at fault. He may sue you because of those circumstances.|||ROFLMAO Stop worrying. What can he sue ya for ?????? He might get a new tail light out of ya, but thats fair. This is why u have insurance, they look after yahoos like that for u. I think u shudda backed up and run HIM over, lol. I can assure u its not a big deal, Lemme know if u need help with more details.


You sound like a nice person, to bad ya gotta deal with him








Post reply:


So ? let him sue. Its nothing to worry about. It can be interesting going to court, in your case probably fun. Yes, Americans are sue happy, but people trying to get something for nothing typically get what they deserve, nothing. Anyhoo, u wont have to deal with it anyhow, ur insurance company will get a statement from you and that will be the end of it. They are VERY good at dealing with situations like this and i doubt u will hear anything further once they take over. Besides, they will pay the settlement, not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment