Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shopping for an American Motorcycle.?

Well I'm going to be a first time buyer for a Harley or Victory (I haven't decided which yet). I grew up around Harley's and love to ride, but I've never owned one yet. My only stipulation to which bike I'm going to buy is it has to be American-made. Yes I know that when you start to take apart any HD bike about 80% of the parts are going to have "Made in China" printed on them which is why I'm leaning towards getting a Victory. But my question is what is a good down payment to save up when shopping for a bike? I personally don't have the credit score (I'm 23 and haven't gotten enough loans I guess.) but I will have a co-signer with a credit score well over 700. The price range I'm looking to buy in is from about 8,000 to 15,000. Thanks in advance.





Oh and I know alot of people are going to suggest I take the MSF course but that's simpley not an option. I work 50-70 hours a week and don't have the time for it. Besides, I've been riding since I was 14 and hang out with about a dozen veteran riders on a daily basis that could teach me more than anyone on a closed course could.|||I would say go for Victory. I never took much notice of them until the other day when one overtook me whilst in a car and it looked great, sounded excellent (better than a HD) I think it was a Hammer(?)


Hd's are nice but a dime a dozen where I live.|||You are 23 and ready to saddle yourself with that kind of debt for a lousy excuse for a motorcycle and a brand name? You should get out and live before you tie yourself down with that kind of baggage. Travel, take some career risks, do the things you can do when you aren't tied down with debt. Life is too short and harleys are a sucky motorcyle.|||You can take one Friday evening and weekend off to take the course.|||any harley made before 1971 is completely made in da U.S.A.!|||That's "Made in Mexico", not China. And the 80% has to be U.S., by law.


The truth is bad enough without tales.





Get yourself to the weekend class.


It may take some of your valuable time, but think of the time you'll save...


You didn't say where you are (it matters), so...


Go to DMV, take a test, take a vision test, get permit - 1/2 day?


30 days later... go to DMV, take a practical test - another 1/2 day or more?


So, 2 days used up vs. 2 days used up - plus you had a class and can possibly save on insurance too.


Get your ticket, then take that deposit and buy used.


You'll save another chunk of dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment