Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The one and only key to my electric scooter was stolen. What can I do?

The other night, someone broke into our house and stole three things (that we have noticed so far)- my cell phone, a letter, and the key to my scooter. We didn't just lose them, since the alarm on the phone wakes me up, so I sleep with it right next to me. Even if I did misplace it, we would have heard the alarm by now. But I have a SunL scooter that was given to me since it needed work. I fixed it myself, and I know how shady SunL is, so I'm pretty sure I can't get new locks put on it. I can't drive it, access the trunk, or the battery compartment. I've been riding that since my gas moped is broken. Now that the key's gone, I have to ride my dad's motorcycle around, and I don't like to spend so much on gas. We're almost positive the neighbor kids did it, and I don't like the fact that they get a victory whenever I have to go off on the motorcycle. What can I do about the locks? Oh, and don't say call the cops- I'm not old enough (I'm serious, I've been stolen from several times and they say to have my parents call them.) My parents simply don't care enough to call the cops! How can I get past those locks without breaking them?|||learning to pick locks sounds like your best plan. that would get you into the trunk and whatnot in order to replace the locks. then all you would have to do would be to replace the ignition and those other locks. other than that your best bet is to call a locksmith. they will be able to make a new key for it. once you get a key, or if you end up getting all new locks put it, make some spares. keep one in your wallet just in case. i would also suggest replacing the locks in your house and possibly installing a security system. you could even rig up your own if you feel ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment