Friday, December 16, 2011

Which is better, Harley-Davidson or Victory?

I'm thinking about purchasing a new motorcycle, and I want an American bike. Which would be the better investment of the 07 models...Victory Kingpin Tour or Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic? Why?|||The Harley guys are gonna say Harley. The Victory guys are gonna say Victory. The metric guys are gonna use this Q to bag on Harleys and those who own them. You are going to have to do your own research on this one.|||These types of questions almost never get a decent answer here. I never owned a Victory or know anyone who does, or I might have tried to help. Oh well. Good luck to you.

Report Abuse


|||I had a dream most of my childhood. It was to own a Harley Davidson some day. I do not have the time to explain what my Sportster 1200, and what my Road King mean to me. After having a Harley Davidson, and living this dream my answer is an easy one. If you want to live the dream , go HARLEY.

Report Abuse


|||Everyone knows the better bike but just want to be convinced otherwise to feel better about there choice incase they made a mistake......


The sanman...harley advocate

Report Abuse


|||ok here's a womans point of view on this..





the harley will hold its value throughout the years where as most bikes wont. on a long cruise, best way i can explain riding a heritage softail classic its a very smooth comfortable ride.


i can not say too much about the victory for i never rode one of them. i have ridden other older bikes to. lets just put it this way as the saying goes "if i have to explain you'll never understand" its something you need to get on and try out and find out for yourself. best of luck to you in finding that one scoot that is right for you.|||all ways Harley. fast and good looking|||I would suggest Harley, you would never get the support you get as a Harley owner. When I rode Hondas, Yamahas, and Kawasakis, I did not receive appreciation from these dealerships for my support. When ever I went to the dealership and asked for sponsorship for fundraisers they would not even allow me to distribute flyers. Even the places I purchased bikes didn't even know my name when I came back for service and inspections. Since I have bought my Harley, I walk into any Harley dealership and immediately, I am recognized and asked if I needed assistance. My local dealership knows me by first name. Harley dealers have appreciation cookouts, parties and dinners, planned rides, support MDA fundraising and various other fund raisers in our community. They have supported me for Prostate Cancer Run, MDA, and Bikers for Babies (March of Dimes) when I was a Honda Goldwing Rider. I use to also believe "Harley's were too expensive" until I started to shop around for comparible bikes and discovered new bikes are about the same price as a Harley. Bad example : Ninja Vs Roadking, yea of course the Roadking is higher in price. When I thought I couldn't afford a Harley, my wife and I looked at a New Goldwing it was $22,000 a New Harley Electraglide was $20,000. I told my wife, I wanted to give my support to Harley because they appreciate their owners and show loyalty to owners. They give back to their community and supported me in my fund raisers. You are made to feel like family. Even other area groups have Motorcycles donated to them by Harley Davidson for their fundraisers, I have never seen any other raffles for any other type bikes.|||You should compare Victory to a Honda....and leave


Harley Davison out of it......because it just DOESN'T compare





Apples %26amp; Oranges








Gotta Fly...


Mike %26amp; Jaz in MN / 05 "Deuce"|||Should you even ask? Harley of course. Its faster, comfier, and made to last.|||Harley limits the production of there bikes so supply is always lower than demand. This keeps the resale values much higher. Victory is like any other production company in my opinion and its all about numbers. I have owned both and prefer the harley since it has been around for much longer. Ride both and pick which one brings the biggest smile to your face|||harley and victory are great bikes but everyone will choose their bike as the best. for investment the hd gives a good return value.and is a comfortable ride.|||I'm glad to see that you're not narrow-minded like most of those H-D owners. Little do they know that Victory, the other American made bike, contains more American parts than a H-D.





First, for me personally, I'll never own a H-D simply due to my experiences with the narrow-minded jackasses who ride them and dis all other bikes. Why would anyone want to be associated with that mentality?





Second, take a look at H-D's, they all look the same.





Third, take a look at the Victorys - awsome styling. They really are making some original, custom-looking bikes.|||Although Victory is a good bike





no one ever dreamed of owning one





its just not a Harley------------------bottom line|||victory is a new company,id go with the harley untill they have been around a little longer|||As an investment The Harley. There are a half dozen models that will be discontinued as of 08. One of those may end up holding or appreciating in value quite well.


As far as the bike it's self The Harley again. When we were in Laughlin I looked closely at the Victorys ,at a glance they have nice lines,but up close they are kind of rough, unrefined like Jap bikes.


I might compare them like this The Victory is to Chevy( or even Saturn) as Harley is to a Cadillac.|||Byron is correct, you won't get an unbiased answer here.|||Depends if you want to be a sheep or a wolf. I'll let you figure out which is which.

No comments:

Post a Comment