Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The only key to my scooter was stolen. What can I do?

The other night, someone broke into our house and stole three things (that we have noticed so far)- my cell phone, a letter, and the key to my scooter. We didn't just lose them, since the alarm on the phone wakes me up, so I sleep with it right next to me. Even if I did misplace it, we would have heard the alarm by now. But I have a SunL scooter that was given to me since it needed work. I fixed it myself, and I know how shady SunL is, so I'm pretty sure I can't get new locks put on it. I can't drive it, access the trunk, or the battery compartment. I've been riding that since my gas moped is broken. Now that the key's gone, I have to ride my dad's motorcycle around, and I don't like to spend so much on gas. We're almost positive the neighbor kids did it, and I don't like the fact that they get a victory whenever I have to go off on the motorcycle. What can I do about the locks? Oh, and don't say call the cops- I'm not old enough. (I'm serious, I've been stolen from several times and they say to have my parents call them.) My parents simply don't care enough to call the cops! How can I get past those locks without breaking them?|||scooters have relitivly simple ignition switches...you can go to any kind of automotive store...or even better ....find an old lawn mower that isnt working and take the ignition switch off that and its like 2 or 3 wires.....then you have a new ignition...or you can take it to someone and they can put a new one on... if you dont know alot about electric workings...then i would have someone else do it..|||You probably have to replace the ignition cylinder with a new one that accepts a fresh key. Try to find one on e-bay that comes with a key. And I'd suggest doing it quickly or you may lose that scooter too. And learn to lock the doors on your home. If they are literally breaking your door in or breaking windows you have a right to hit them very hard in the side of the head with a baseball bat no matter how old you are. I'd suggest doing that repeatedly next time around and the home invasions will probably stop.|||There is no age limit on calling the cops. all you need to to is either call the cops or call the company that made the scooter, get the serial number off the scooter and give it to them then they will be able to make a key for you, it might cost a few dollars but that is why you have parents for! Good luck!!








-------


No dude there really isnt an age limit on calling the cops, what would you do if your family was getting murdered?? just let it happen? just admit you stole the bike and wanted to know how to get a key for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment