Friday, December 16, 2011

KTM super duke 990 or Victory Hammer?

I am looking into buying my third street motorcycle and have so far narrowed it down to these two. I know they are of 2 completely different styles and ride completely different. My riding is split about 60/40 highway/city. Have driven both and still can't decide. Looking for a few opinions on both.|||It would be nice to know what your other 2 bikes are! Are you looking for diversity in capabilities, or diversity in style?





My personal choice would be the Super Duke - it is a kick **** ride. It is NOT a dual sport, as some folks have suggested, more of a sport-extreme motard. If you are replacing the 599, it should put a big smile on your face.





If you are looking for a luxo-cruiser, so with the Hammer, of you want to really cut it up in the twisties like you can't do on a KLR, pick the KTM.|||I like the comfort of the Victory, on a long ride you will need that. I know people with victories and they love them.


I do not know anyone with the duke 990.|||The KTM is basically a bigger version of your KLR but the Hammer is a completely different animal. That being so, as you plan to keep the KLR, you should buy the Hammer, thereby giving yourself a broader range of motorcycles, rather than two very similar bikes of different sizes.|||the victory is a great bike.|||Super Duke all the way, beautiful no frills machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment