Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Planning on buying a bike but not sure where to begin?

Harley Davidson, the New Honda Customs, or Victory are bikes im interested in. A friend of mine says it needs to be a Harley but Im having trouble justifying the price for what I get. I've recent come across the Honda 1300 Custom Line (Stateline, Sabre, and Interstate) and I really like the Stateline but im not sure how folk in the motorcycle scene look at Honda's. There were also 2 models made by Victory that I liked.





What I really want to know is Whats going to be respected by others? Am I going to catch crap for riding something other than a HD or is the new line of Honda's respectable? You opinions and feedback would be greatly appreciated.





Thanks Guys|||Got much experience?


I think smaller, lighter bikes are better for learning control, maneuvering and evasion.





What should be respected is your ability to ride.


My second bike wasn't much bigger than my first, and about 1/3 the displacement of the HDs my buddies rode.


I got some good natured flack... and easily kept up on the back roads.





I didn't care about the dollar tag on my HD, the real cost was my first born son.


Otherwise, I'd still be on my Honda.





My feeling is that you should ride what suits you, and the rest be damned.


My concern is that you choose something within your ability to ride well.|||Be your own man! You buy the one YOU want. You're not riding in order to please others. Personally, I don't like cruiser-style bikes. Do you think that should prevent you from buying one?|||Go for something completely differend. Boom Trikes maybe.|||try to take decision.|||Add in another rider who can't stand cruiser style bikes. To my eye they are quite ugly/garish and there's absolutely no worse riding position to be found. I call it the "Birthing" position (you know, woman on a table, feet up and out so she can give birth)...





So I guess that means that you shouldn't ride Any of the bikes you listed because there are 2 people here who dislike them, and that's just who's posted already.











Or, you could grow a pair and realize that motorcyclists, REAL motorcyclists, don't care what bike you're on. It's that fact that you're out riding. You'll get respect no matter what bike you happen to ride, from the people who are Worth getting to know, and the ones who give no respect tend to deserve no respect (or the time of day, they're best ignored).





I sure hope you're interested in riding a motorcycle because it's something YOU find personally fulfilling. NOT because you want to "fit in" with some preconceived idea of 'cool'.








Phew, this is one of the most juvenile questions I think I've seen on Y!A, and that includes questions from kids who aren't in their teens yet.|||Buy the bike that fits your needs and wants. Your friend obviously has a strong preference towards Harley. Nothing wrong with that, but if Harley's don't fit what you want out of motorcycling then don't feel pressured to buy one. If your friend won't ride with you if you are on a Honda, then he's not much of a friend.



There is a motorcycle 'scene' for every brand and type of bike. Some people are more accepting of other's choices, some are more rigid in their thinking. Join a group of riders who respect your choices and your riding style and ability.



Victory's and Honda's are good bikes.



Start with a beginner's rider's course (they provide the bike) so you can get some experience before setting out on a big bike. You get your motorcycle endorsement too and an insurance deduction from many companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment