Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is a good road bike/motorcycle for beginner? (not a bullet bike)?

although i drive a manual car i understand its different for a motorcycle but i understand the concept.


My price range is up to 5k. I'm going to be installing alarm systems over the summer and will need to drive it across the US. I have never really road a motorcycle before. i like the looks of the victory 8 ball.(dont know much about the brand but i have talked to a couple enthusiests and they say victory is the way to go) I like 2005 Harley-Davidson Softail, Shadows, but my favorite was the Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic.|||I'd go with the Harley. I've ridden and owned Jap bikes but once I road a Harley, I was hooked. That's all I'll ride. Comfortable, great looks, great sound, never left me on the side of the road , doesn't leak a drop of anything and always starts on the first try. Totally reliable. What more could you want from a cruiser?|||thats awesome you want to ride. i suggest keep saving up and get the bike you want.


but jumping right and and riding x-country is a bad idea it takes alot of preperation and you have to know your bike inside and out incase something happens or does go wrong. because if it is mechanical it will break. good luck in whatever bike you get|||I like that you know enough to want to take the safety course! Good for you. After the course, a smaller street bike (depending on your size and weight) would be a good starter. I'd wait on the Harley until you have dropped something a else! We all drop them! Good luck with your future riding career...it's too much fun and it's all about freedom!|||The Yamaha will be way more dependable. On long rides, it's best to sit up straight. Harleys are powerful and noisy cruisers, but The Yamaha will not let you down. Maybe you should rent a bike or two before you make the big investment. Take your time and learn riding- take a safety course.|||5K will not get you a Harley, Victory, etc.. To travel across the U.S. you *need* reliable -- basically any of the Japanese cruisers of about 650-900cc. MSF: http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.a鈥?/a> Is the best for getting you started. You can rent motorcycles, $100+ a day.|||You would be best prepared for your journeys by taking a motorcycle safety course BEFORE venturing too far.|||I think it's the Honda Shadow or something along those lines are the ones that most motorcycle training classes use for instruction.|||unless your a die hard harley guy i vote for the yamaha..i had a 600 v twin,,,everything great in a bike [except not big enough lol]|||Dirt Rocket MX350 Bike


http://electricrazorscooters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment